Books I’ve worked on
A Real Daughter by Lynne McKelvey; Bo Henry at Three Forks by Dan Bradford; Island Wildlife: Exiles, Expats and Exotic Others by Robert Friedman; Beneath Them by Natalie Roers;
Olympic Grill by Mark Miyashiro; Libido Tsunami by Cate Burns; All Things Await by Seth Clabough; StoryTeller by Nick Bylotas; In Search of Somatic Therapy by Setsuko Tsuchiya; Classic Love Poetry & Quotes (Collection)
I grew up in San Diego, CA and then joined the military after graduating high school. I was a Chemical Operations Specialist for almost 7 years before getting serious about what I was passionate about. I initially wanted to focus on the culinary arts, food, and culture so even went and earned a degree in culinary arts before getting my English degree. I eventually graduated with a BA in English with a minor in business administration, cum laude, the winter of 2015. I recently earned a MPS in Publishing with a concentration in Technology and Design from George Washington University.
I’m currently in Killeen, TX with my beautiful family and work in publishing!
My love for literature and creating books/magazines started very early, and one of my regrets is that I didn’t save any of the books I’d made as a kid. I also wish that I had started this career sooner but, better now than never.
WHAT DO I DO IN REAL LIFE OR WHEN I’M NOT REVIEWING BOOKS?
- I serve the writing community as a publishing professional, wearing a few hats but there’s one word I feel covers everything for the most part: editor. I’m an assistant acquisitions editor, book editor, proofreader, manuscript formatter, correspondent, writer, freelancer, and so forth.
- I proofread write, edit, and assist. I typically work with essays, book manuscripts, and business documents. I’ve also been known to ghost write web content. I’ll be honest though, ghost writing isn’t my favorite thing to do.
- I design. I have my designs up on internet shops and even had a few put on hundreds of game mats. Cool, right? I also get to design marketing and advertising pieces and book covers. I’ve designed logos and brochures for organizations, too. My love is really in typography and book covers-–go figure. I also enjoy photography!
- I’m constantly learning, trying to be the best version of myself, and creating. I love art and working with creative people so I try to fill my days with both.
WHERE MY HEART IS:
- Women’s and children’s causes.
- Veteran organizations.
- Art, creation, and design.
TALK TO ME ABOUT:
- Shows: The Office, The Magicians, The Walking Dead, The IT Crowd, The Dead Files, etc. I’m a true crime nerd!
- Movies: I Am Legend, Hot Fuzz, Wreck-it Ralph, The Great Gatsby, Hunger Games, Moulin Rouge, Sucker Punch, etc.
- Music: classical and electronica are my favorites. As long as it’s not vulgar or yelling/heavy metal, I’ll listen to it.
- Books: I’m not your stereotypical English major; don’t talk to me about Jane Austen–ever. I enjoy thrillers and horror the most but to be honest, I like anything that makes me think critically or that is so impactful it makes me cry. My favorite books of all time are Through the Looking-Glass and Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
- My weirdness: I collect and love miniatures, and basically geek out over the art of story development.